Georgia Strait Alliance’s Guide to Green Boating is a comprehensive, practical guide for recreational boaters on how to minimize our impact while enjoying these cruising waters.
Killer Whale viewing rules have changed. Please familiarize yourself with the NEW RULES before heading out on the ocean!
The Guide to Green Boating is full of useful tips, including a listing of holding tank pump out stations, reducing pollution from boat maintenance and swabbing the decks, alternatives to toxic cleaning products, and so much more! Please feel free to download and print this publication. Or contact our Nanaimo office to request your copy. We’d be happy to send bulk copies to your club, marina or other organization.
Donations are gratefully accepted to help us in continuing to distribute green boating information.
Handy green boating tips including best practices for fueling, maintenance, waste and sewage disposal, wildlife viewing, and more…
Notre guide de navigation écologique est maintenant disponible en français.
Other green boating resources:
- T Buck Suzuki Environmental Foundation‘s OceanSmart Green Boating app includes green boating tips, pump-out stations, spill reporting, and features our Clean Marine BC eco-certified marinas and boating facilities.
- Boating BC Association, Green Boating in BC
- BC Parks Marine Ethics
- BC Ocean Boating Tourism Association, Ahoy BC Marine Environmental Stewardship Ethics
- Ocean Conservancy Good Mate Green Boating program for boaters and marinas
- United Nations Environment Programme, Shipping and Recreational Boating