Call for proposals: Event and Sponsorship Coordination
Established in 1990, Georgia Strait Alliance (GSA) is to promote the sustainability of the Strait of Georgia, Canada’s most at-risk environment, its adjoining waters and communities. GSA is committed to a future for our region that includes clean water and air, healthy wild salmon runs, rich marine life and natural areas, and sustainable communities. We currently have over 15,000 members and supporters who work collectively to address root causes of threats to the Strait and find solutions that protect it. Our main office is in Nanaimo with a program office located in Vancouver.
This is a call for proposal for the successful planning and delivery of Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films which will be a ‘festival on the road’ event in 2018
Total contract value: $3500
Contract period: March 2018 – June 2018
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films which will take place in Victoria, Sechelt and possibly one other Island community (to be confirmed)
- Film selection
- Research possible films and reach out to filmmakers for cost and availability
- Review and assess film submissions, with GSA staff
- Finalize film list, with GSA staff
- Communicate/coordinate with filmmakers leading up to Festival
- Set up systems, manage process and engage with ticket buyers
- Pre-Festival coordination
- Finalize communities where screening will occur, with GSA staff
- Manage all logistics with various theatres including identifying best facility for screening in each community, film ratings, film delivery to theatres, poster delivery and other tasks as required.
- Lead local sponsorship efforts, securing financial and in-kind support from partners
- Recruit volunteers
- Work with GSA Communications Team to promote and market festival, including identification of any media sponsors, poster distribution and online promotion
- Day of Festival
- Manage all logistics on site
- Coordinate sponsors and other partners for day of activities
- Coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate after film panels, which could include filmmakers or other thought leaders
- Film selection
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience planning and leading the coordination of events (including sponsor relations)
- Preference will be given to contractors/teams with experience working on the coordination of film festivals or screenings, theatre and/or arts & culture presentation events
- Efficient and detail-oriented, with excellent coordination, project management, time and budget management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills e.g. comfortable making written/phone pitches for support/sponsorship, and engaging the public face to face
- Excellent social media skills and prior experience using social media for the promotion campaigns or events. A strong personal online social network, and willingness to leverage it for this contract, is an asset
- Diplomatic; calm under pressure and working on short timelines
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Knowledge of and contacts in Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast communities, where the screenings will take place
- Comfortable working both independently and remotely, and within a team environment
- Passion for the values and work of Georgia Strait Alliance
The contractor will need to work from their home office, have access to a computer and smartphone. Access to a vehicle a strong asset.
Proposals should include the following:
- An overview of how the contractor would approach meeting the deliverables
- A general estimate of how the contractor/team would propose to spend time available with in the budget
- Hourly rate(s) for contractor(s) working on contract
- Name(s) and bio(s) of contractor(s) working on contract
- Examples of relevant previous individual/team work experience and/or contracts on events of a similar nature
- Three references (relevant past employers/clients)
Deadline for proposals: Proposals will be considered as they are received, please apply at your earliest convenience but no later than March 3rd at 11:59pm.
Please email your proposal to email@example.com. Only those contractors selected for interviews will be contacted.
GSA is committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders.