Our newsletter is published twice a year and provides updates on our activities and other items of importance to the marine environment in and around the Salish Sea. If you’re inspired by the work GSA does, consider making a donation of any amount.
There are some great new initiatives that we’ve been getting involved in over the past several months that we’re excited to finally share with you. We’ve been nurturing these projects while continuing to advance the campaigns you’re familiar with and which require long-term commitment (as many environmental issues do).
Over the last few months, we have:
- Distributed 350 Clean Boater Kits.
- Reinvigorated and strengthened our opposition to the Roberts Bank Terminal 2 project.
- Engaged Cowichan youth to explore their vision for the management and protection of their marine territory, as well as supporting existing efforts through outreach.
- Gifted eight incredible prize packages, generously donated by wonderful organizations, to the winners of Explore the Salish Sea Raffle.
- Welcomed three new Board members: Mairin Shields-Brown, Siobhan Powlowski and Gabrielle Savage.
- Connected with residents of the Lower Mainland through door-knocking to listen to the experiences of those most affected by the extreme weather events over the past few years.