Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films
Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films returns on June 4, 2017
Oceans are a bellwether for the planet’s health, and they need to be healthy for us to have thriving communities and economies.
Why not celebrate World Oceans Day four days early with an afternoon and evening of film?
Connect with oceans near and far at the 8th Annual Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films, hosted by Georgia Strait Alliance. on Sunday, June 4.
When: Sunday, June 4, 2017
Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver
The official film selections will have you experience:
- Paddle boarding in the Arctic
- An investigation into how human-made noise is impacting whales
- A short tale about a Tofino surfing legend
- Fishing communities in Ireland, Norway and Newfoundland that are standing up
to Big Oil and overfishing politics
- A wild salmon’s trek to Alaska’s Susitna River
- A sublime ocean adventure
- British Columbia’s Kitasoo/Xai’Xais, Heiltsuk, Nuxalk, and Wuikinuxv Nations leading marine planning for sustainable economies