**The Contest is now closed. Thanks for participating!**
Share original images that demonstrate what you love about living close to the Salish Sea. Enter your photo(s) using the form below!
Contest entries will be accepted from August 1, 2021 until 11:59pm PT on September 15, 2021. The top three winners will be announced at Georgia Strait Alliance’s Annual General Meeting on September 22, 2021, 6-7pm.
Winning photos will be selected by GSA staff based on the following criteria:
- Composition, Lighting, Exposure and Focus
- Wow! Factor and Originality
- Popular appeal based on number of comments and social engagement
You are encouraged to share your submissions on Instagram: in doing so, make sure to tag @GeorgiaStraitBC and include #LovetheSalishSea. However, all entries need to be entered using the form below to qualify.
- Gold: A two-night Winter Getaway at Cusheon Lake Resort on Salt Spring Island, B.C. (Sundays-Thursdays nights from November to February, excluding Christmas holidays, subject to current travel restrictions) ($289 value) AND your photo on the cover of GSA’s Winter Newsletter** and electronic newsletter!
- Silver: Seaflora Love Your Body Skincare Set! ($160 value)
- Bronze: Fanny Bay Oysters Gift Card ($100 value)
* Prizes cannot be exchanged for any cash value.
** GSA’s Winter Newsletter is a print publication, requiring high-resolution images of at least 1,000 pixels in width.
As of September 22nd, winners have been notified by email. They are also listed on the Gallery page.
Thank you to these organizations for their generous prizes!
Visit the photo gallery
Click on the image or click here.
Terms and conditions
- Pictures must have been taken in the Salish Sea region.
- You must hold the rights to the images you submit.
- Please don’t alter your pictures. Borders, frames, text or other graphic treatments are not permitted.
- Acceptable format: .jpg or .png, maximum 6MB.
- Your photo submissions should respect marine mammals, including remaining at least 200 metres from orcas (400 metres in southern B.C. coastal waters between Campbell River and just north of Ucluelet), and from all whales, dolphins, or porpoises if they are resting or with their calf, and at least 100 metres from all other whales, porpoises, other marine mammals and bird colonies. No laws or regulations should be violated in the taking of the picture.
- By entering, you give permission for Georgia Strait Alliance to use your photo(s), with proper photo attribution and/or social media handles, in our social media channels and printed and digital communications. Photos will not be shared for use by others.
- Personal information collected at the point of entry, such as your name and contact information, is stored only by GSA solely for the purposes of administering this Contest.
- Multiple submissions are accepted up to a maximum of 5 per person. Each eligible photo submitted is counted as a single entry into the contest. However, only one entry per person can qualify for a prize (maximum of one prize per person).
- By entering, you agree to abide by the all the contest’s terms and conditions, and the decisions of GSA.
- If you have any accessibility requirements in relation to this Contest, please contact us.
Get the latest news and updates on our work. Sign up for Georgia Strait Alliance’s monthly e-newsletter!