Measures to minimize COVID exposure at in-person GSA-hosted events.
*We require all attendees to wear high quality respirator masks (i.e. KN95), except when eating and drinking. Masks will be provided to any guest, if needed. See below for additional precautions that you can take to increase the safety of all participants.
Since convening in-person at gatherings carries the possibility of putting community members with differing health considerations and life situations at risk, we are taking measures to minimize COVID exposure at our events.
This approach aligns with our commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionate impacts on frontline workers, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, elderly, and immunocompromised people.
As part of our renewed commitment to work more authentically and intentionally with communities around the region, Georgia Strait Alliance is committed to COVID measures that contribute to the care and safety of all community members.
GSA staff, volunteers and contractors must take the following precautions before and during in-person gatherings hosted by GSA, and we ask attendees to do the same:
- Take a rapid test with a home kit 2 – 5 days before the event and on the day of the event, and stay home if either result is positive.
- Stay home if sick or if you have had recent exposure to someone ill with COVID-like symptoms, or who has tested positive for COVID-19, and join the event virtually – if that is an option.
- Maintain a safe physical distance when able.
- Minimize time spent at indoor gatherings unmasked and wear a high quality respirator mask in the days prior to an event, whenever possible (take these actions as best you can, given your life circumstances).
- Get a seasonal flu vaccine.
- Have received all available COVID-19 vaccines and complete a screening questionnaire before attending.